It’s not all that hard…
- Stay organized.. that’s the big thing.
- Make sure you get to class.
- Do the reading.
- Ask questions in class.
- Do your assignments.
- Follow the assignment directions.
- Ask if you don’t understand the directions.
- Ask for feedback from your peers and instructors.
- Include citations
- Turn the assignments in on time.
- Study for exams — with friends or tutors if necessary.
- Pay attention.
- Stay organized (I can’t say that often enough).
A wise man told me in my first year of teaching that getting a B+ to an A- in philosophy is mostly a test of organizational skills. Getting to class, doing the reading and writing the papers. He’s right — more and more..